After all the days, weeks, hours, whatever amount of time you put into your video…Congrats! You are almost done! But there are still a few more items to attend to finalize the video and start using the video for your marketing.
- If you haven’t yet, make sure you get your color grade on point and finalize any last-minute sound fixes (even levels)
- When exporting your video you might need to export a few different versions with different codecs depending on where the video is going. Most likely it will be going on a few different platforms and some of these platforms have different codec requirements.
- Make sure you grab a couple of different thumbnail graphic (stills) options from the video. You can test them out to see which ones perform better.
- Wherever you are uploading them to the cloud make sure all the people who need access, have access to it, whether it’s dropbox or google drive or something else.
With the video all set it’s now time to start using the video for your marketing. We’ve come full circle since the initial pre-production process and most likely during that process, you had some initial ideas as to where the video is going to be used. This is where you finalize that plan and start implementing it. Consider these points:
- What are the best practices for uploading this video to the various platforms? Does each platform have different suggestions or requirements?
- Utilize captions for all of your platforms when possible. You can check out our other articles on social media video marketing to learn more about that and your options.
- Depending on your audience you may favor or focus on one platform over another. That’s okay!
- Figuring out how you are going to track the data on the video is important too. With organic options sometimes that’s a bit difficult. Using Facebook ads or other social media paid ads is a great way to not only expand your reach but get very clear numbers in how your video is performing.
You can learn more about specific video marketing tips on our blog. They range from where to put them on your website, email marketing, social media, and more! Remember video is not just a one-and-done thing. The best way to get the most out of your video for your business or organization is to have a multi-video strategy. You can check out our blog also types of videos to create for your business or organization.
Now go out there and tell your story!
Video Production Process Series